Qualified Cardiac Physiologist
- Flexible Tenure - Full Time Permanent/fixed term positions (minimum 6 months)
- Experience the Auckland NZ life style!
- New Zealand’s largest teaching & training hospital
New Zealand’s largest hospital is looking for Qualified Cardiac Physiologists to join our dynamic and dedicated team. We have full time permanent / fixed term positions available for those adventurous and hardworking physiologists wanting to work in a busy, exciting and diverse environment.
We work across a vast range of elective and acute diagnostic and interventional procedures for adult patients as well as providing the only service for paediatric and ACHD patients.
This is a busy and complex service that will continue to challenge any Cardiac Physiologist. As a core member of the Physiology team, you will be expected to work autonomously in a variety of basic procedures depending on your training and experience, however we can also provide you with training to improve your skills in other advanced procedures as desired and/or required, that you may not have encountered before!
Procedures performed at Auckland City Hospital include:
- Coronary and PCI studies (we are the primary PCI service for the Auckland/Northland region)
- Transplant assessments & RHS using FICK and thermo dilution cardiac output methods
- Full range of Electrophysiology studies, diagnostic and ablation including 3D. These are provided for adult and paediatric/ADHD patients.
- All catheter diagnostic & interventional procedures for paediatric and ACHD patients
- Implantation of permanent pacemakers and ICDs as well as lead extractions
- Non-invasive work encompasses: Holter Monitoring, Event Monitoring, NIBP monitoring, ETT supervision and Pacemaker/ICD clinics. Travelling Pacemaker/ICD clinics are also provided to other Northern region hospitals.
Auckland City hospital is the largest in New Zealand and is based in the heart of Auckland City which has been voted the 5th best city in the world. The city is set in a pristine marine-based environment with a temperate climate and has a population of 1.3 million. It has a vibrant mixture of lifestyles and cultures and offers easy access to stunning and diverse scenery and a wonderful range of outdoor pursuits. With its beautiful countryside and dynamic metropolitan centres, New Zealand offers a lifestyle to suit all types of people.
This is a great opportunity for you to come and experience the kiwi lifestyle and hospitality, whether that be living permanently or coming for an extended ‘visit’. We would love to hear from you to discuss the opportunities we can offer.
Reporting to the Charge Cardiac Physiologist, you’ll be fully qualified and hold Post Graduate Diploma of Medical Technology (Cardiac) + Certification of Cardiac Physiologists (CCP SCT) or an overseas equivalent qualification.
Note: This role has NO involvement in echocardiography; if this is your speciality this is not the position for you.
Your qualifications must enable you to be registered with the Clinical Physiologists Registration Board (CPRB)
For more information, please contact Fiona Riddell on +64 9 307 4949 extn 23312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 28th May 2017
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker role as defined by the Act.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com