|HCA Healthcare UK||Competitive - dependent upon skills and experience.||London, South East England|
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we’re supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we’re able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
- To provide highly specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiology Department
- To provide managerial and administrative support to the Principal Clinical Cardiac Physiologist and Cardiology Manager and assist in managing the technical resource efficiently and effectively, ensuring the smooth running of a quality invasive and non-invasive service to cardiac patients
This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Reward & recognition
The salary being offered is competitive and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide range of standard and complex or advanced procedures as requested by the clinician in at least two or more fields of Technical Cardiology e.g. Catheter Lab, Pacing & Defib, EP, Stress testing and ambulatory monitoring
- Act autonomously to deliver appropriate and individualised patient care at all times e.g. Anticipating the need for further investigations on the basis of findings from an stress test, interrogating complex diagnostic data from pacemakers and ICDs carry out reprogramming to optimise pacing/therapeutic functions and clinical outcome
- Support and assist the Principal Cardiac Physiologist and Cardiology Manager in setting local technical standards in all fields, improving and developing these to ensure they incorporate current professional recommendations and evidence based practice
- Assist in the day-to-day management of procedures in the cardiology department taking an active role in planning and organisation affecting service outcomes. Deputise for the Principal Cardiac Physiologist when required
- Participate in audit programs for clinical and management data ensuring that requirements are adhered to and that data is available for presentation and/or further analysis
- Participate in on call service
Skills & Experience
- Registered/accredited by the RCCP, IBHRE and/or BHRS, BSE or European Cardiovascular Imaging Accreditation would be desirable or working towards the accreditation
- Substantial post qualification experience of working within a cardiology unit
- Have extensive experience in pacemaker and defibrillator implant and follow-up and cardiac interventional procedures and/or non invasive cardiology tests. Experience in Electrophysiology is desirable
- Perform a wide range of standard and complex or advanced procedures as requested by the clinician in at least two more fields of Technical Cardiology e.g. Catheter Lab, Pacing & Defib, EP, Stress testing and ambulatory monitoring and be involved in patient preparation for these tests
- Perform procedures at independent practitioner level